Photo
- - - - -

Gift for my boyfriend! Suggestions please!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Kayy

Kayy

T-dog

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:32 PM

Hi,

My boyfriend's birthday is coming up and I know he wants new skates. I wanna get him something really nice (my price budget is around $300) but I don't know anything about this stuff so I'm totally lost on a gift idea. If I get him skates and he doesn't like them it's going to be a huge fuck up (and a waste of money). I was thinking of maybe getting him parts or accessories or something instead and he can save up to buy his skates himself? Does anyone have any suggestions for something I can get him from here? Or should I just bite the bullet and get him skates and hope he likes them? I know he shops at this site but I really know nothing about skating so I need help. sad.gif

Thanks!

#2 ridindirty919

ridindirty919

Capo Crimini

• Members
  • 9,363 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

nudes?

#3 Pat_lanini

Pat_lanini

Giovane D'Honore

• Members
  • 2,846 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

First off, you are an awesome gf!
Ask him about some of his favorite skaters and brands. Have him tell you about his skates, ask things like "What makes your wheels different than a regular wheel"
I bet he would answer in detail explaing his favorite company and why he likes them.

If worse come to worse, you could buy him some skate clothes, or rollerwarehouse sell gift cards.

#4 big billy

big billy

Sgarrista

• Members
  • 4,578 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

personally i hate surprises. this "sport" is very opinion oriented. his opinion could be completely different from anyone else on this board. i would suggest letting him pic the merchandise himself. ohh and if you could satisfy hugo's inquiry on your way out that would be fantastic

#5 Blake

Blake

Sgarrista

• Members
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

get him the newer model of the skates he already has?

#6 Method Man

Method Man

Piciotto

• Members
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

get a $25 t-shirt and send me $275. ill take care of the rest wink.gif

#7 OnlineBurn

OnlineBurn

Criddler

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

I'd really say let him choose himself.
Unless it's a situation like he has aragon 2s then I'd say something like get him aragon 4s.
Do you know what skates he has right now?

#8 Peppermint Rhino

Peppermint Rhino

Contabile

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

I say you should go wtih a gift card of somesort. I might even suggest you get one of those american express gift cards so he can order whatever he wants from wherever he needs to order it from. I've had numerous instances where I've had to order different parts from different stores because no one store had them all in stock. Just my thoughts though.

#9 1999disco

1999disco

Cronie

• Members
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE(Blake @ Oct 19 2011, 04:56 PM) View Post
get him the newer model of the skates he already has?

this and ask if he really likes them

#10 Kayy

Kayy

T-dog

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestions! I figured it was something that has to be decided based on personal taste. I just wanted to ask to see if there were some sort of generally accepted top-of-the-line badass skates but I suppose that's not the case. I don't like gifts being super predictable like "I knew this was exactly what you were getting me" when he unwraps it you know? I also hate the idea of him telling me what to buy and me just buying it and handing it to him. I will try to find a way to get hints and find a set he really likes. Gotta do the homework myself. sad.gif

Getting him a newer model of the skates he currently has is a good idea too, thanks so much! I'll try to find out and post here.

"Nude pics" gave me another good idea for my bf's birthday. smile.gif

#11 glum

glum

Cronie

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(Kayy @ Oct 19 2011, 02:18 PM) View Post
Thanks for the suggestions! I figured it was something that has to be decided based on personal taste. I just wanted to ask to see if there were some sort of generally accepted top-of-the-line badass skates but I suppose that's not the case. I don't like gifts being super predictable like "I knew this was exactly what you were getting me" when he unwraps it you know? I also hate the idea of him telling me what to buy and me just buying it and handing it to him. I will try to find a way to get hints and find a set he really likes. Gotta do the homework myself. sad.gif

Getting him a newer model of the skates he currently has is a good idea too, thanks so much! I'll try to find out and post here.

put them in the box of skates so when he opens them he gets a double surprise (:....

#12 Pat SayJack

Pat SayJack

President of the United States of America

• Members
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(Kayy @ Oct 19 2011, 04:18 PM) View Post

You are seriously one badass girl.

As far as the skates, let him pick. Make the suprise the giftcard. I guarantee you the freedom to get whatever he wants for up to $300 will be a huge bonus and he will probably try to make the beast with two backs with you right then and there.

Aggressive skates are EXTREMELY personal, and there is no way you can ever just nail exactly what he wants, and anything you didn't get just right, he will regret no matter how happy he is to get it. It will always be better if he can pick each piece. It'd be like him buying you bras or makeup or something you are really picky about.

Buy a giftcard for Amall, set it gently between your labia lips, and make him get it with his mouth. He will be super surprised and most impressed. I promise, cause you'll be that chick that was humble enough to let him pick EXACTLY what he wants for himself.

#13 OnlineBurn

OnlineBurn

Criddler

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

For the lulz you could wrap a pair of your boots or something up making them look like new skates. He'll be iffy on opening it wondering if he'll like the skates or not and when he opens it there will be a $300 gift card inside of your boot, as well as several photos of your - of course- amazing body.

lol, have fun?

#14 KILABEEP3

KILABEEP3

T-dog

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:44 PM

lol

step one
find out what skates he was thinking of getting.
or find out from one of his buddies what he likes as far as how he likes his skatesetup.
probably has good skates already and might be cheaper to just buy him parts.

step two
take photo of yourself nude with the skates on perferrably in a suggestive manner.
kinda like the playboy cover of that chick with blades on.
and please do share the pics if you want...JUST SAYYIN..we can all CRITIQUE if he would like em or not. lol.

step three
buy skates and wrap it up with your photos inside the box and yell suprise!!
perferrably handed to him in the buff...lol

step four
PROFIT??

#15 Pat SayJack

Pat SayJack

• Members
  • 10,247 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE(OnlineBurn @ Oct 19 2011, 05:55 PM) View Post
For the lulz you could wrap a pair of your boots or something up making them look like new skates. He'll be iffy on opening it wondering if he'll like the skates or not and when he opens it there will be a $300 gift card inside of your boot, as well as several photos of your - of course- amazing body.

lol, have fun?

this

and how do you know he doesn't post on here, too?

#16 ehh

ehh

• Members
  • 10,080 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:36 AM

this post is crazy for a couple reasons.

my birthday is coming up. my gf has told asked if i want skates. she knows i come to this sites.

i have no advice though. i tell everyone to buy USDs. youre no different, so buy him USDs.

method man... your sig = lol

#17 BostonHxC

BostonHxC

Giovane D'Honore

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:46 AM

get him $100 to amall $100 to rollerwarehouse and $100 to inlinewarehouse.

#18 YNot124<3

YNot124<3

Criddler

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:31 AM

My only suggestion would be to ask his buddies if he likes his setup or if he's been considering new skates.

If he's not really thinking about new skates, and in fact particularly happy with his, you can always supply a blader with: Wheels (Eulogys are THE best), tee shirts (I love repping my blade company/amall), rum(Always needed), wax(Ask JH to hook you up on your order, or buy a 10$ 3/4 Ib brick and he'll be a happy camper), stickers (EVERYBODY FUCKING LOVES STICKERS) and the little shit would make me happy, then a gift card to finish it off is always the shit.

But yeah, definatly solid choice on letting him pick out his own skates. Its just such a personal thing, its like if you could custom build your face, no one else would know how YOU'd want to look. I wouldn't expect anybody cept my blader friends.. and even them to some extent to understand 'my' style/preference for my blades.

#19 Vortes

Vortes

Grom

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:37 AM

Anything you get can be returned or exchanged at amall if he doesnt like it. But i agree with everyone else. Find out the type of skates he likes, his size, and if he enjoys his skates or wants to change.

#20 Kayy

Kayy

T-dog

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE(Pat SayJack @ Oct 19 2011, 03:44 PM) View Post
You are seriously one badass girl.

As far as the skates, let him pick. Make the suprise the giftcard. I guarantee you the freedom to get whatever he wants for up to $300 will be a huge bonus and he will probably try to make the beast with two backs with you right then and there.

Aggressive skates are EXTREMELY personal, and there is no way you can ever just nail exactly what he wants, and anything you didn't get just right, he will regret no matter how happy he is to get it. It will always be better if he can pick each piece. It'd be like him buying you bras or makeup or something you are really picky about.

Buy a giftcard for Amall, set it gently between your labia lips, and make him get it with his mouth. He will be super surprised and most impressed. I promise, cause you'll be that chick that was humble enough to let him pick EXACTLY what he wants for himself.

I didn't realize there was so much customization put into blades when I posted here. sad.gif I think I'll have to get him a giftcard and find some creative way to give it to him. Probably not the way you suggested though lmao, but I'll keep it in mind.

QUOTE(YNot124<3 @ Oct 19 2011, 07:31 PM) View Post
My only suggestion would be to ask his buddies if he likes his setup or if he's been considering new skates.

If he's not really thinking about new skates, and in fact particularly happy with his, you can always supply a blader with: Wheels (Eulogys are THE best), tee shirts (I love repping my blade company/amall), rum(Always needed), wax(Ask JH to hook you up on your order, or buy a 10$ 3/4 Ib brick and he'll be a happy camper), stickers (EVERYBODY FUCKING LOVES STICKERS) and the little shit would make me happy, then a gift card to finish it off is always the shit.

But yeah, definatly solid choice on letting him pick out his own skates. Its just such a personal thing, its like if you could custom build your face, no one else would know how YOU'd want to look. I wouldn't expect anybody cept my blader friends.. and even them to some extent to understand 'my' style/preference for my blades.

I'll definately get some of the small stuff along with the gift card. Thanks for the suggestions! I hate handing people nothing but a giftcard. It feels so impersonal. Thanks so much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users